Mukhtasar al-Quduri [7,8] – Zakah
The Chapter of Zakat. Zakat is a subject about which there is much confusion, even though it is fundamental pillar of Islam
This series of videos cover the Chapter of Zakat. Zakat is a subject about which there is much confusion, even though it is fundamental pillar of Islam.
The class begins from the very start of the subject from a classical text; Qaduri’s important work of Islamic Fiqh, with detailed explanation and discussion by Shaykh Atabek to ensure the student gains a firm grasp of the subject.
Some of the topics covered in this chapter are:
• Linguistic and Fiqhi meaning of Zakat
• Categories of people on whom Zakat is Obligatory
• Categories of Mental Insanity that excempt Zakat
• Zakat to be paid for Money that has been given on Loan by a creditor
• Ownership and payment of Zakat on Gold and Silver
• Zakat on misplaced wealth
• Various opinions on the obligation of Zakat on non-muslims.
• Nisab – The Minimum Zakatable Amount
• Fluctuation of Nisab throughout the year
• Loss of Nisab just before the end of the year
• Al-Milk Al-Tam (Possession & Ownership)
• Asset on which Zakat is not applicable
• Converting money to other asset (eg cars or property) in order to avoid Zakat
• Payment of Zakat based just on intension vs explicitly stipulating the intension
• Payment of Zakat through a 3′rd party
• Zakat on animals
• Zakat-ul-Arood (Zakat of items)
• Combining the Nisab of different items
Free to try video: Lesson 1